Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS "Band/Badge" thing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ritsuke

Hey,

I do not know what it’s called but I think it’s pretty cool even though I’m sure it’s outdated. I’m talking about such a "band" on the corner of your <div>:

[img]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp283/QuarterNetwerk/onlinestuk.jpg[/img]

However I have no idea how to include such piece. This is going to be used on forum software – vBulletin – where I have two templates for the online status. The first template is "online_status_bit" where I need to fill in the if conditions for the images. The other part of the template is my postbit_legacy where all the information comes concerning a post from a person. So if that person is online I’d like such badge. I have no problems with the if-conditions nor do I with creating the image. I just don’t know how to place in that corner.

Thanks in advance and I hope my post is clear. English is not my mother tongue and therefore I tend to make a few mistakes.

Ritsuke
    "Robskiwarrior" wrote:
    its actually quite simple.

Just create a div, pop it outside your wrapper and style it like this:

div#corner { position:absolute; top:0px; right:0px; background:url (your/image/file.png) no-repeat; }

obviously you need to give it a height and width that matches your image… but that will do it for the top right hand corner :) you might have to put some z-index on it, but normally because its not under anything it wont need it.

give us a shout if its not working…

I didn’t doubt it was simple but I just couldn’t find a solution. I will try it out and report my – hopefully – succes here!

iopet

Or, more simply, add a background image to the existing division…

Code:
    .online {
    background-image: url(online.png);
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: 100% 0
    }

phpBB uses a condition to call the class on the post division when you’re online:

<div id="p{postrow.POST_ID}" class="post <!– IF postrow.S_ROW_COUNT is odd –>bg1<!– ELSE –>bg2<!– ENDIF –><!– IF postrow.S_UNREAD_POST –> unreadpost<!– ENDIF –><!– IF postrow.S_POST_REPORTED –> reported<!– ENDIF –><!– IF postrow.S_ONLINE –> online<!– ENDIF –>">

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.