Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Backup solutions after deployment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    strages

Hey there guys,

After opening up [Slides From Recent Presentations](https://css-tricks.com/slides-from-some-recent-presentations/#comment-233628) I was wondering about a few things more like what after deployment?

What is the best “it just works” and “its simple to setup” solution for backing up whatever is running on your server? static/php with database without/ webapp etc etc

Oh and what about a media-temple solution in europe? as it only has hosting in us. whats your opinion on heroku? and is it a good platform for normal websites?

these last few are not the really good questions but just some stuff wondering around in my head ;)

SgtLegend

What type of server are you using as if you run dedicated server there are plenty of services you can use to run automated cron jobs for daily, hourly and on the minute backups but of course they aren’t all free, also another key factor is how much data you’re backing up and are any databases involved because a service like Dropbox which I use works just as well as anything else.

chrisburton
    Participant

If you have SSH access you can use Dropbox

strages

I am looking for solutions for both actually, so I know what my options are in both circumstances:

_normal servers, nothing special no git, no ssh etc etc, however with databases_

_dedicated servers like on media-temple_

data amount will be small overall ( normal websites, nothing particular big, img’s to be the most data expensive with maybe a video here and there ).

can you also backup the database with ssh for dropbox? (is there a solution for gdrive?)

thanks btw :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.