Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS background resizing help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    aps223
    Participant

when i resize the browser window smaller on the site I am working on and then scroll horizontally, the background image doesn’t resize correclty. Can someone take a look at my site and offer any suggestions? http://defose.com

Thanks!

ikthius

looking at your code quickly,

your wrapper is 926px say and inside that your li is 1260px say?

I think you need to look at your sizes first and get everything right, before fixing the resize problem

aps223
    Participant

I appreciate your suggestion, but I don’t think that is actually true. The only div with width 926px is the main content area in the center of the screen and the <ul> that is inside of that div is not 1260px. Unless I am missing something, i don’t believe there is a wrapper div that is 926px.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Rob MacKay
    Participant

the UL in your nav div is massvie you know – and its pushing the site (at 1280) waaayy out to the right. Any reason for that?

The reason your are seeing the missing picture when you resize the window and then scoll is because you have set the width of the container div to 100% of the browser window – so when you make your browser window smaller, your container div stays at 100% of the browser window, and all your content is left in the same place.

Basically – its doing exactly what you told it to do lol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.