Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS background not sizing right when website zooming in/out

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    view4coins

(first post) Hey guys, so i’m no pro at CSS – still learning off templates but working on a website and I just recently saw when i zoom in and out that everything floats correctly except my actually background image. I’m seriously stumped on how I should fix this because of my inexperience (i’ve looks on w3schools and searched around a bit on the forums)

here is the problem child (aka: website) http://www.view4coins.com – I’ll keep trying options on fixing it but I hope someone is just like “hey stupid, it’s [this]”

Thanks in advance

-JM

TheDoc

The background isn’t actually working from the get-go. You are trying to position it with pixels, which means that it’s not going to be centered on any monitor that isn’t using a resolution that you are. Do this instead:

background-position: center 120px;

Also, IE is not going to like you using the multiple backgrounds thing. Since you don’t have anything on the HTML element, I’d put your dark layer on that instead.

view4coins

ahh ok, yeah im making a div class right now. trying to stick it right under [body]

[snippet]

but kind-of corky right now (

TheDoc

Why would you do that? Why don’t you just do:

html { background: .... ; }

body { background: ..... ; }
    view4coins

ahh sweet! (i have a grin on my face now) still have a few of my other images I did wrong (i see) but I should be able to figure it out now. thank you very much Doc

view4coins

I should use margins for image placement i’m guessing?

TheDoc

For backgrounds? No, if you’re trying to center a background to a person’s monitor, you’ll want to use ‘center’. Example:

body { background: url('images/my-background.jpg') center top; }

That means it’ll be centered horizontally and will be snug to the top.

Example: http://dabblet.com/gist/1731709

view4coins

well i got everything working now (it seems). I learned alot, I’m probably still doing bad practice with CSS but it will suffice till I get a better grasp of it.

oh thank ya doc and homp =)

babyGinner
    Participant

i tried using your suggestions, but still, its not working.
    i used a image to be used on my background, but when i zoom it out, the image repeats itself even though i declare no repeat and fixed on my .css

kindly help me :(

babyGinner
    Participant

*an image

dhiruSingh

@view4coins @babyGinner… you can use this code its will work in all browsers

html{background:url(XXXXXXXXX.jpg) no-repeat center; background-size:100%; width:100%; height:100%;}

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.