Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Background image going weird

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    cerberus478
    Participant

On my localhost I have a page that has a background image and every now and then when I refresh it goes all weird. The background image would either kind of disappear or only bits and pieces of the image would show.

Here is the link to the code on JSFiddle, but I’m not sure if JSFiddle will replicate my problem.

http://jsfiddle.net/cerberus478/d7b6s0qr/

Senff
    Participant

Here is the link to the code on JSFiddle, but I’m not sure if JSFiddle will replicate my problem.

Looks fine to me, it seems to do what it’s (probably) supposed to do.

Please make sure that you can replicate and show us the actual problem, or else it’s very difficult for us to investigate what the issue may be.

(I assume that the missing closing bracket of the IMG tag is just a typo)

Paulie_D

(I assume that the missing closing bracket of the IMG tag is just a typo)

Even when you fix that the function doesn’t appear to work..if it’s supposed to maintain aspect ratio.

cerberus478
    Participant

It is suppose to maintain the ratio. I might have done it wrong in JSFiddle, but my biggest problem is the background image going weird

Paulie_D

Unfortunately, if you can’t replicate the issue it’s tough to help since

The background image would either kind of disappear

is kind of unspecific

and

or only bits and pieces of the image would show.

seems downright impossible.

Senff
    Participant

It is suppose to maintain the ratio. I might have done it wrong in JSFiddle, but my biggest problem is the background image going weird

It doesn’t maintain the ratio when the block width is less than the block’s height (ie. portrait sized). Other than that, “going weird” is kind of open-ended and can mean anything.

cerberus478
    Participant

Hi,

Here is a link where you can view how the image is going weird. I’ve only noticed that it does it in firefox.

http://webkrunch.co.za/static-demo/index.html

Paulie_D

Resizing is now happening in FF but the actual effect is quite different to that in Chrome.

cerberus478
    Participant

But does it at least go all weird?

Paulie_D

It did when I first checked but not the second time when I had intended to try it without JS.

cerberus478
    Participant

So any clue as to how to fix it?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.