Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Background does not display properly

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    guillaumeb

Hello,

i’m new here and it feels good to find a CSS forum. i’m no expert but really like digging into web design.Now sometimes i do have problems and here i am.

I’ve been working on a new weblog but i’m having problem displaying the background of the website. basically it won’t show entirely and i can’t figure out why . In my stylesheet i used the standard body {background:#333;} then I replaced it with body {background:#333 url (path of the image) repeat;} to see whether it would change something.

i was wondering if someone would be willing to take a look at the source of the page (http://www.guillaumeb.com) to see what’s wrong. i’m having this problem in Chrome. The weird thing is that one just needs to reload the page to make it display properly. Anyone know where this may be coming from ?

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate

soap
    Participant

it is working fine..

AshtonSanders
    Participant

I’m also having trouble duplicating your problem. The entire background is #333 (besides the small white box). I’ve checked in Chrome and FF 3.5

guillaumeb

hello, thank for your reply i’ve actually decided to trick the whole thing by setting a 5 wide x 850 high PNG background so that it will show entirely until the bottom of the page and repeat itself.
    I used to use only color and a smaller image but for some weird reason it would only be applied to the top half of the page until the end of my last DIV (footer). The bottom half of the page was white.
    I still can’t figure out why though

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.