Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Background Color Leaks Into Footer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Singular_one

Hello , I encountered a problem with the website i’m working on and i would appreciate your input.

My problem is that the body background colour “leaks” on top of the footer at the bottom right corner, if the window size is smaller than the body width. The way the footer is structured is one 1x200px image on repeat-x.
    here is a link to the site. Link

Thank you all in advance!

wolfcry911
    Participant

when the wrapper is smaller than the container (with a fixed width) the footer also becomes smaller while the container is overflowing. There are two different fixes. One is to remove the footer from the wrapper – this will allow it to be full body width regardless of wrapper size (you’d need to remove the 100% width as well). The other is to place a min-width on the wrapper equal to that of the container (1004px).

kgscott284
    Participant

The issue with your background color is simply that you have the footer width set to 100%. So when you have a smaller window then resize it, the background color appears…

You could add a min-width of 1004px…

kgscott284
    Participant

Mkay, ahahha beat me to it while i was typing.

Singular_one

Thanks a lot guys!
    I am kind of a noob at web design, and a beginner’s Dreamweaver tutorial does not teach you everything :P

kgscott284
    Participant

That’s why we are here!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.