Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other ASP and HTML questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Siephe

I’ve got a layout coded in html, but I need to turn it into ASP. Does anybody know if there’s a way to do something similar to PHP include except with ASP instead? And also how to create a piece of code that allows people to just change the content without having to touch the html codes in the background?

butch
    Participant

Do you want to include a sidebar or header/footer in every page and just your content would change?

If so check into Master Pages. You can create a layout with a content holder were you could put your content that changes from page to page would go.

Siephe

thanks, that’s pretty much what I was looking for.

butch
    Participant

Glad I could help. I’m actually learning ASP right now. Still on the fence if I like it or not.

keirk

I’m guessing your both talking about ASP.net rather than classic ASP, as there is no master pages in ASP.

You can do the following in classic ASP, which is similar to php includes:

<!–#include file="urfile.asp"–>

siddr

Make one master page and paste the code of the layout there,( things like header,menu, sidebar, footer) paste content place holder where you want content of diff. pages.( may be in between header and footer)

Then include masterpage in diff. pages (which will contain the content like “about us”).

Siephe

Oh wow, it’s been a while. I’ve been so busy I haven’t been back here. But thanks guys. I never got around to finishing what I started when I asked this question (I was flooded with exams) but, thanks!

@box
    I was supposed to create a site that would run a server that didn’t support PHP.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.