Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other are there any legal considerations for using @font-face

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    akurtula
    Participant

Hi

I want to use @font-face to have a font in my portfolio, the font is not free, would I need to have a permission to upload it on the web or not?

I’m asking as I think I read something a long these lines in an article, but I cant find the article or any thing on google relating to this, so it could be nothing. Does anyone know if there is a reason why not to use @font-face (for legal considerations)

Thanks

chrisburton
    Participant

Read the license agreement. In a lot of cases you cannot use @font-face however you can use images (unfortunately) instead. What typeface is it?

akurtula
    Participant

yes I forgot that these fonts have license agreements. I already designed it with images but I thought to change to @font-face. The typeface is Amienne – I’ll try to find what it says in the agreement.
    Thanks

chrisburton
    Participant

http://typodermicfonts.com/pages/license

If you read #3, it says you are allowed to embed them in any way you choose. The answer to your questions is yes, you can embed it using @font-face.

akurtula
    Participant

Thanks for your help. I tried searching but I did not find much useful information. Thanks

chrisburton
    Participant

Next time search for the foundry of the typeface which is what I have done. From there you should be able to find license agreements.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.