Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript AnythingSlider instance limit?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    thinkontheclock
    Participant

Hi good citizens of the CSS-Tricks forums.

My apologies if this has been covered, but I’ve searched the web and these forums for about half an hour to no results.

I’m currently using this awesome plugin to help power a few portfolios, and am running into trouble when adding multiple instances of the slider in one page.

It works perfectly for sliders 1-14, but when I add #15 (no matter what id I assign to it) it breaks.

All the previous instances work as they should, but the slides fail to load and the layout is broken on the 15th.

I haven’t had time to test this in great depth, and I’m using it in conjunction with [Fancybox](http://fancybox.net/), but thought I’d throw this question up here to see if anyone else has run up against this issue.

Right now, I’m simply considering creating another page to house the next set, or paring down the portfolio to eliminate some older pieces, but would love to know if this can be done.

Thanks!

Mottie

Hi!

Honestly, I’ve never tested AnythingSlider with more than three separate sliders. So I put together this demo with 20 sliders and it’s working perfectly.

Are you getting a specific error? Press F12 in the browser and go to the console to see if there is a code problem.

thinkontheclock
    Participant

Thanks for putting that fiddle together, [Mottie](https://css-tricks.com/forums/profile/16597/Mottie)!

Turns out the error was CSS related.

I’ve been using IDs as selectors instead of a class (this was written some time ago) to target the lists. Going to take some time later today and rewrite the page using a class instead to avoid this in the future.

Marking this discussion as solved.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.