Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript AnythingSlider in WordPress – Populate within loop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    flycessna72

I am brand new to using AnythingSlider and I have been having some issues implementing it. I want to use it in WordPress. I tried the plugin for WordPress but I do not want my users to make a new slide manually. I would like to populate the slides dynamically within the loop. I can get the list items to populate but I cannot get AnythingSlider to run. Any ideas?

Brightonmike

How can anyone help you if you don’t post either a link to the problem page or your code?

flycessna72

The question was no so much about the code as advice if I should use the plug in or run the AnythingSlider as if I was not using WordPress? When I try to run the AnythingSlider without installing the plug in, it fails to load. When I use the plug in I have to build each slide in the Dashboard which I don’t want to do.

flycessna72

Looking to see how others handle this…For now…

TheDoc

There should be no problem using the loop to create it (I think, though @Mottie might know for sure).

Can you get AnythingSlider to run outside of the loop but still within WordPress? For example, can you get it to run by manually creating the slides in your template? Might be a jQuery conflict if it’s not running.

Mottie

LOL I’m clueless about WP… I’ll have to refer you to @doobie :P

desideratha

Hi all, any ideas on how to implement anything slider on Blogger. I’ve tried different approacher and nothing works.

Mottie

Hi Desideratha!

You should be able to add all of the code you need inside of a HTML/JavaScript Gadget.

doobie

Hey @flycessna72,

What do you mean by “populate the slides dynamically within the loop”? It sounds like the plugin might not be the best thing for you if you don’t want your users to create new slides in the dashboard.

-J

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.