Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS AnythingSlider autoPlay not working/being temperamental

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    akparade
    Participant

Hey guys,
    I have autoPlay set as true but it doesn’t seem to be auto-playing! It sometimes does by itself or when i’ve flicked through a few panels.

Here’s the site:
    http://eveshamdesigns.com/site/

Any ideas?

Mottie

It looks like that you are using jQuery 1.3.2 on that page and really the minimum required jQuery version is 1.4.4, but ideally you should use the latest version. That’s why the autoplay isn’t working.

amillet
    Participant

I had the same problem, autoplay wasn’t working. I also had the older version of jQuery, but changing it to the latest version didn’t help.

Also, every time I activate the AnythingSlider plugin, the other features work (aside from autoPlay), but as soon as I start setting some settings for the slider, these features no longer work. For e.g, my arrows are still there, but they no longer change slides.

My site is hereI’d appreciate if anyone could take a look!

I am using three sliders, calling the anything slider with the shortcode in the header.php file. E.g.

Thanks!

Mottie

Hi Amillet!

It looks like all forms of navigation are disabled. Set the “enableArrows” to true and whatever else you want to work:

enableArrows       : false,
    enableNavigation : false,
    enableStartStop : false,
    enableKeyboard : false,
    amillet
    Participant

Thanks Mottie!
    I don’t remember setting those to false though… Either way, I upgraded the anything slider to version 0.6.4.5 and all the problems went away!

Another quick question, do you know if there is a shortcode to showMultiple slides? In one place I’d like to have 3 slides, in another 1 slide etc..

Or perhaps there is another way of doing this?

Thanks again!

doobie

Hey amillet,

I’ll add an option for that right away and update the plugin. Great idea!

-Jacob

amillet
    Participant

Hi Jacob,

That would be awesome thanks! I’m still new to webdesign/ JQuery, but I was wondering if the shortcode coding is visible in the source files, and if so where (file + line reference would be great).. I might want to look at how the other shortcodes are done in case I want to add more shortcode- for e.g. I might want to have arrows on one slider, no arrows on another, etc. I know some of these exist, but not all I think.

Is there any documentation of all the shortcodes?

Thanks again.

– Alex

amillet
    Participant

Hi again,

Not to be nitpicky, but I also noticed that when embedding a youtube video, I can’t get it to stop playing automatically. Right now it doesn’t auto-start the first time around, but the second time around, it starts automatically.

Is there a way to keep this from starting? I didn’t find anything in the settings, although I thought I remembered seeing more options under “video” in the older previous versions?

Anyways, thanks for all the help!

-Alex

Mottie

Hi Amillet!

Yeah, sorry that is a known bug with iframes (it shouldn’t be happening with embedded video) – The slider pauses videos when they go out of view, which apparently if they weren’t started, get flagged as being paused and thus start playing when they come into view a second time. Oddly, Firefox is the only browser that doesn’t do that.

amillet
    Participant

Ah ok, I see the difference. I used the old code instead to embed, and it’s fine now. Hopefully they fix the bug soon!

amillet
    Participant

Last comment on trivial matters I promise- I noticed that the time stamp on comments on this forum, for those within one day, is calculated inversely from 24 hours. So if it’s been 1 hour, it will say 23 hours, 6 hours -> 18 hours etc..

-Alex

Mottie

Actually that’s not a time stamp, it’s a countdown of how much time you have left to edit your post.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.