Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Anyone know of a piece of software for my video needs?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mikeman

Hey, so I’ve tried real hard to do this manually but its becoming a little insane.. and its very time consuming even if i got it to work..

I have a website that is primarily video, self hosted. I have everything i need for a mobile website, im using wordpress.. mobile themes, responsive themes, very easy.. but.. when an iphone user comes to the site the videos wont play, i know its because im using flv files.. iv converted to h246 this and that… and it wont play.. i guess im doing something wrong, but non the less. here is my question

Is there a script, thats pretty much back end only, that i can upload a video file, and it will convert it to a few different formats, then, give me an embed code, then, i embed that where i want to.. anywhere. .and it will automatically deliver the best video for the viewer.. whether their on a cell phone, tablet, or desktop/laptop..

i cant seem to find anything like this thats not a monthly thing, or hosted somewhere else.
    thanks

Senff
    Participant

it may be an obvious solution, but what about putting (just) your videos on YouTube and Vimeo? They convert, they host, they offer in different formats, and (apparently) it’s also better for SEO if your videos are hosted there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.