Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other anyone know a good photoshop tutorial for beginners?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nyquil

Hi guys,
    I just started learning html and css last week. So far, i’ve took the time to study and re-create 2 of csszengarden’s sites and I must say, i’m really getting more and more comfortable working in html and css with each attempt!

However, now i want to create a page from scratch on my own, and was wondering if anyone know a good place to learn about all the basics to Photoshop? A good tutorial perhaps? A lot of the stuff i find on the web are pretty much all articles dedicated to a particular effect or style, and not an all encompassing tutorial for the beginners. =

TheDoc

I think it’ll be difficult to find an all encompassing tutorial as that would probably be days long. Are you looking for tutorials specific to web design only? Or just photoshop in general?

nyquil

hey TheDoc,

dont you have to know pretty much everything pretty much even if you’re designing a web site? i know a lot of it is fitting, sizing, slicing, but still… dont you need to use all the photoshop basics to first draw out all the menu boxes, the lables, background, logo, images… and the manipulation of them as well. that’s why i thought i should just learn all the basics first… so i will be able to do all that and finally be able to create all of those things i need to begin piecing together the puzzle.

butch
    Participant
    nyquil

thank you so much butch!

i just skimmed through the links you provided. chris’ link is going to be perfect for me, and that nettut one is very detailed as well since it takes you step by step through the whole thing. really appreciate it!

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I have to agree with the general thought here…

There is no real starting point for PS other than opening the application, things can be done in many ways – its best just to open the app and do as many tutorials as possible. Each tutorial will offer something different and give you another way of doing things, this will then build your knowledge.

In the words of Nike, Just do it. lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.