Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Anyone dabble with ActionScript 3.0? Got a beginner question.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JohnMotylJr
    Participant

So, part of our college curriculum for computer programming is to take ActionScript (similar to Java). I have already made a few games so i know my way around enough. But what i want to know, is it possible to change the x and y dimensions (size) of the cursor?

I have created my own cursor but i want to make the size of the click larger if its possible.
    My created cursor

NewCursor.startDrag("true");
    Mouse.hide();

Simple enough, no biggie, but i just want the ‘mouse pointer’ to be bigger, lets say 50px by 50px.

If anyone knows a good resource for this or anything from personal experiences please let me know. I havent been able to locate anything in our book so im not sure if my goal is over the top or just not ‘beginner’.

Thanks!

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

Yes, the click area to be larger. Sorry, explained what i wanted in a junky way. An example is the game brick breaker, you have a ball that you need to keep hitting and it breaks bricks. The object your hitting the ball with, lets call it the paddle, looks like a rectangle. When the ball comes in contact with the paddle it gets hit, any and every part of the paddle hits the ball.

Does that example help explain what i mean?

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

Awesome, thanks very much. I’m going to investigate that now, seems to be exactly what i need. You every down to critique some beginner flash AS3? lol… Let me know, i would love some advice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.