Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Any quick feedback on this developing site?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Luminated

Going for minimalistic, simple but with style:

http://illuminateddesigns.net/toogoodrealtors/

Any feedback is good. It’s just in the very beginnings and I feel it’s missing something, but I can’t put my finger on it. Thanks again guys!

Steven
    Participant

The "About Us" box feels awkward. The words with emphasis are styled too differently from each other. It makes it look as though it were a blog tag cloud of random words, rather than an actual paragraph. Try making the emphasized words more uniform in their styling?

Luminated

Ok, I toned that down a bit. Anything else?

AshtonSanders
    Participant

I like it a lot. Very clean. The colors are great. Nice image.

The only critique I can give you is: I think the logo colors are distractingly harsh compared to the rest of the site. Maybe you can try toning down the logo colors to blend in more?

I’m assuming you’ll put some info in the footer ;)

Great work.

Luminated

Thank you very much, Ashton, for the good words. I’m stoked with the way it’s going.

I did some font changes and really appreciated your advice. I ended up moving the logos out of the banner picture and contrasting them on the white background instead. I feel this fits better but I am also deliberating putting them in the footer…they are important though, so they do need to be ‘above the fold’ per se.

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Gorgeous. It’s very clean. The colors fit together very well. I like the overall feel of the website. Nice and cozy.

I think my only critique is the absence of an attention getter or call to action. Now that I’m on the page, I don’t know what I should do. If the clients just want straight leads from the website, I’d put a human down by the contact button to attract more eyeballs.

2 pence

Luminated

The site is more informative than lead generating and I think a person down there might kill the flow of the page (client wants it clean as can be), but I might make a custom heading for that section to incite some action on the user’s part.

Very useful feedback, thank you very much, Ashton. By the way, I sent you a PM regarding your site.

daGUY

Looking good so far. A few suggestions:

– The banner image at the top is way too big. At 1024 x 768, the image alone takes up the entire top half of the page – I have to scroll just to see the bottom of the About Us / Contact Us sections. I think you could safely drop the image down to half the size or so.

– About Us and Contact Us combined have too much going on – they distract from the Featured Property, which is what’s important. I’d say move one of those sections into the green footer, then use the extra space to expand the size of Featured Property and enlarge the image thumbnail.

– Instead of lines separating the different sections in the content area, try using a background color. I think it’ll look cleaner.

– Use more padding – the text is practically touching the border of each container. Give it some breathing room.

DrewOlsen

I personally like the big banner image at the top. I like daGUY’s idea about separating out the different content with a color. The one thing that bothers me is the nav. I understand wanting that to stand out on the page for ease of use. Maybe its just the bolding of the type or the font. Other than that I think it looks good!

Luminated

Great suggestions guys, although I am not 100% I want to cut the header image. We’ll see but for now I dig it.

I wasn’t entirely happy with the navbar but I realized I just wanted the font bigger. Take a gander and let me know what you guys think this time around.

Luminated

We launched yesterday along with a blog…just wondering if you guys had any additional feedback. :mrgreen:

http://www.christoogood.com/

Volks

There is a problem with menu on static pages.
    I would suggest move static pages into WordPress and then use 1 header and 1 footer for entire site.
    At the moment you have 2 different menus and footers – not consistent.
    Move search box to the top on blog pages.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.