Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Any opinion on Adobe Contribute?

• # August 4, 2008 at 10:01 pm

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Adobe Contribute and what you think of it? A customer wants their site done in dreamweaver and wants to be able to edit it with Contribute. I haven’t used it but it looks like a more feature rich, fancier version of Cushy CMS but a similiar concept where the developer designates areas that are editable and restricts the user to only editing those areas.

Any opinions or gotchas to be aware of?

Thanks.

box
    # August 5, 2008 at 5:22 am

I would beware of a customer who tells you which developer-tool that you should use to do your job. You’re the expert, not him – so you decide which tools you use. If a client insists that I work in Dreamweaver, then he becomes an ex-client very quickly.

# August 5, 2008 at 1:44 pm

Customer has good reasons. I agree that it is the right solution for them. I don’t have a problem with dreamweaver; it has some nice features like good support for image maps, etc. You can still hand code by going into code editing mode which is what I will do. It’s no different than using notepad for all I care.

So I still want some opinions on Contribute please. Thanks.

# September 3, 2008 at 1:18 pm

Adobe Contribute is simply not a bloggers tool in its curent incarnation it may be trying all he things to all people and failing at all of it .I don know very much coz i didn’t use for anything other then blogging

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".