Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Any input greatly appreciated

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jlg

Hi folks. I made this site for my wife and would appreciate any feedback:

http://www.janecooperart.com

One thing kind of funky- I used the built in dreamweaver code for rollovers( a cardinal sin, I’m sure, but don’t have the skill set yet to do it myself) It looks alright on IE but I get unwanted lines in firefox (not sure about the other browsers) Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

ikthius

OK,

don’t take this the wrong way, but……

its bland colouring, and the text does not have good contrast on the site, I find it hard to read.
    the image of Jane, is huge dude, I have a 10Mb conection and it took about 10 secs to download to display, this should be smaller in size for quicker display.
    why is the gallery not the same as the rest of the site? that is just confusing.
    the middle image moves the bottom images down, on FF 3

sorry dude, but I would change a good number of things,

here is what I would do:
    change the colour scheme
    make it easier to read (contrast)
    fix the moving image in the middle
    change the gallery to make it part of the site, by looking like it.
    change image file sizes or sprite them.

other that that the idea is good

jlg

Many thanks, ikthius . I fixed most of what you suggested & figuring out the rest. Appreciate you taking the time to look and critique. Have a great day.

ikthius
    "jlg" wrote:
    Many thanks, ikthius . I fixed most of what you suggested & figuring out the rest. Appreciate you taking the time to look and critique. Have a great day.

WOW, you got the small problem of the middle image fixed nicely, you changed the image of the artist and it loads immediately.
    The colouring is better, but if I were you play around with different colour schemes, I feel it is a bit cold, when the main paintings seem a bit cold (sorry just how I see them) maybe warm the site up to distinguish better from the art.

The spacing between the divs, I would try and keep uniform all over the site
    the footer I would make the text stand out a bit more and probably centre it, but that’s just me.
    when clicking a piece of art, I would change the colour of the font, its a bit close to the background colour.

the main links, what about highlighting where your at in the site, maybe with an underline, but make the underline like a brush stroke???

other than that you have done some good changes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.