Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Any improvements and this web page.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rambro

Hi,

I have a website design with tables and css/div combination, that is fixed/static in design.

I am trying to go with a design that is fluid in nature and that is tableless. The web page I am showing is going to be my template for the rest of the pages that will follow. Is their any way I can improve this web page template. I am viewing this web page in FireFox 2.0.0.16 and IE6. Any comments will be appreciated.

Here is the link: http://rambro.ownstheinter.net/al_proje … home5.html

rambro

rambro

lol, yeah, I guess it is simple, but I have to start somewhere. :)

GZA
    Participant

Ya it looks like it was created with tables :P

Edwin

Take a good look at your typography. If you make your font black and and a little more line-height or another font or something, you can give the site another – less blue – look.

cssgirl
    Participant

I agree, what too much blue going on there. Plus, there’s not real design going on there, just content contained into boxes. I would get ride of the blue backgrounds. I mean I understand that it’s a AL website, but honestly it’s forgetable and looks a lot like page created by a novice hosted by geocities circa 1996.

Your left nav is good, save for the thing that others mentioned with too much blue! Or at least too much at that burning bright blue shade.

I’d get rid of the scrollable box too. They become annoying because now you have two scroll bars on your page. Can be a usability issue for some older/less experienced users not being able to understand why the page isn’t scrolling when they are using the "normal" scroll bar.

Also, on your content text, take off the bolding. The bigger font is fine, since I assume a lot of people using it will be older users, but the bolded text actually makes it less easy to read.

I think the main problem here is there is no real "design" going on. Everything is flat. Maybe giving the header a nice gradient or subtle patterned background would help. And changing the font and alignment of the name/address may help too.

peteryo48

Wise man have their mouths in their hearts, fools have their hearts in their mouths.

Come and buy age of conan gold, AoC Gold, AoC Power Leveling and AoC Accounts here, aoc gold the easiest and safest way to enjoy a wonderful Age of Conan life! aoc power leveling, aoc power leveling, age of conan power leveling..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.