Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Another div issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cm123077
    Participant

OK, You can see on my page that I am trying to create a section in which employee bios will be housed. The first one is perfect, but the second one seems to be hanging below its container div. Any ideas?

http://174.120.16.66/~thomasse/meet-the-team/

TheDoc

There are 39 opening divs and 40 closing divs. Find your extra closing div.

cm123077
    Participant

ok, I think I did that now. For some reason, though, #map-title is up too high now, as though it was pulled up into the previous div. It is supposed to be under that div with the bios. Also, the bios are not completely inside their container div, as you can clearly see. Been playing with opening/closing divs to no avail

TheDoc

1) You have multiple IDs on the same page. Change `#bio-image` and the like to `.bio-image`.

2) You now have 39 opening divs and 42 CLOSING divs! That math does not equal up. You should be *removing* closing divs, not adding them.

cm123077
    Participant

so change them to classes in the html? I used the same id’s because I wanted the same behavior from those sections without coding css for each section. I looked at the div tags just now, I will not mess with them until I have a reply so as to not cause confusion. No matter what tags I remove, this is just not happening…grrr

I posted the code directly from my editor to pastebin: http://pastebin.com/2Zji5A8m

TheDoc

An ID should only appear on the page **once**.

You’d make it a lot easier on yourself if you indented your code. You could also really simplify things.

You could just do this for markup:

Name / Title

555.555.5555 / [email protected]

Content…

Content…

Name / Title

555.555.5555 / [email protected]

Content…

Content…

Then instead of having a useless spacer div, you can just put a top border on each of the `.bio` divs but take it away on the first child, like this:

.bios .bio:first-child {
    border-top: none;
    }

cm123077
    Participant

Thank you, I see what you mean. I will look into that however as soon as I figure out how to fix this issue simply. If I change it, I will not know where I went wrong on the code I currently have. I really would like to see if it can be fixed without redoing it so I can understand what happened. Thanks

cm123077
    Participant

Woohoo….I fixed it. That was crazy. Thanks for your help

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.