Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Another CSS only ImageSlider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    CrocoDillon
    Participant

After @JohnMotylJr got featured with [his CSS only slider](http://cdpn.io/cDpEH), this is a blatant attempt to get mine featured too :P (feel free to hate)

http://cdpn.io/hmgcz

What do you think?

Merri
    Participant

I’ll just say “test it on Firefox” and you’ll see a problem :)

CrocoDillon
    Participant

Yeah I know -_- life sucks…

Merri
    Participant

It is quite simple mistake you have, transition lines last value should be `0s` and not `0`. Don’t know why Chrome allows 0 there.

As a related feedback vendor prefixed styles should be before non-prefixed.

Other than that I’d say it is very nice. The only complaint I have is that it isn’t nice to use if there are no transitions.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@CrocoDillon, adding transitions to that pen i made seems to be a little more complex than i thought. I went down the whole “z-index” route and we all know that’s just digging a whole. I like your slider, still don’t know how mine got featured?? lol, anywho, have you tried making your’s full screen?

CrocoDillon
    Participant

@Merri, thanks! I didn’t think of that because normally CSS alows 0 values without unit. I wrote this code a few months ago, when I didn’t know non-prefixed properties should be last yet. I was just too lazy to fix that but I’ll do it straight away! :) It’s just a proof-of-concept or something like that, nothing I’d use in production.

@JohnMotylJr
    , the most complex part was calculating the offsets. I’ve tried fullscreen, why?

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@CrocoDillon, Well.. {{ DISCLAIMER:: Do not laugh at my super quick drawings }} lets say we use your method as a full screen image slider (NO-JAVASCRIPT), would we still be able to use it’s functionality with full window images?

From what i gathered about your slider, is it has a container that has a hidden overflow and you just push and pull the images into place?
    CSS-TRICKS image

Now if we were to attempt it with a full width && height slider, it would essentially work the same? Might have to adjust the images to fill it’s parent container? Sorry, doing about 8 diff things at once while writing this post.
    full window

CrocoDillon
    Participant

Awesome drawings! (disclaimer didn’t work)

You’re right about how it works, but I don’t see why this couldn’t work in fullscreen… maybe… maybe I’ll try tomorrow, I need sleep now. That said I didn’t make the slider to be fullscreen anyway, I made it a while ago just for the heck of it.

(My first guess is, haven’t tried though, that for example for 5 images you’d need to set the width to 20% instead of 100%)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.