Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Animated GIF to Animated SVG

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    avidrunner
    Participant

I would like to convert this beautiful animated gif from Cosmos to be an animated SVG in vector format. I would like to be able to ungroup the background and isolate the lines completely for all of the frames. I am going about it frame by frame in Illustrator CC and it is a very slow process (there are 613 frames in total), however the Image Trace function is working great with the Technical Drawing setting and some slider adjustments. Does anybody know how I can go about doing this a bit more quickly?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3F5n6tQOYTo/UWsHaUGGh5I/AAAAAAAAIB8/nGizPG639j4/s640/2Xgz7Ef.gif

Thanks!

Paulie_D

Animated SVG….ugh, that’s not making it easy for yourself.

I’d think <canvas> would be a better option but that’s going to require a fair amount of JS.

nixnerd
    Participant

I’ll be dead honest with you… it’s not even worth your time. There is no quick way that I know of to automate the production of go SVG graphics… and I’ve tried.

You’re talking about so much time, it’s unreal.

avidrunner
    Participant

Ah OK – thanks for the replies. Good to know. Perhaps I will just go with Image Tracing a few of the static images throughout each stage in the cycle of evolution from that .gif. Illustrator CC’s been doing a good job at it so far, although it has been frame by frame. And I definitely won’t be doing all of the frames. Thanks for the guidance!

nixnerd
    Participant

Can I ask why you want to have this animation? Is it absolutely necessary to accomplishing your goals?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.