Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Anchor problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mil

Hi everyone,

On this page: http://www.merrildphoto.dk/photogs.html I have a problem.

Everything i works fine apart from one thing. When I click on the anchors at the top of the white box, for example "Lisbeth Fig Krag" the anchor directs me to the right position on the page, BUT moves the whole page up so that a strip of white becomes visible at the bottom!

I have stared myself blind on this problem and I simply can´t see the error. PLZ help :-)

I suspect that this piece of css contains the error:

#cont{
    position:absolute;
    top:0;
    left:0;
    z-index:70;
    overflow:auto;
    }

.box {
    right: 162px;
    top: 50px;
    bottom: 0;
    width: 500px;
    position: absolute;
    float: right;
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    }

.box .inner170{
    padding-bottom:170px;
    background:#fff;
    }

I really hope you can help me!

Kind regards
    Michael Lund

dcp3450
    Participant

I don’t really see an issue. can you describe the problem better or give a screen shot and note on it what the issue is? One thing I’ve learned the issue that is staring you in the face isn’t noticed by anyone else since they didn’t design it. ;)

mil

Hi dcp3450,

Sorry, I found a solution late last night although I am not totally happy with it. I added

Code:
    padding-bottom: 170%

; to the inner div container which took care of the problem, but it is not bulletproof as there is some extrta whitespace at the bottom of the content box.
    Pls see attachment for the problem BEFORE this solution :-(

Reg your observation on design problems – it was actually the client that pointed to this error. But apart from this I totally agree and I often have to say stop to myself when I keeping fiddling on a design.

[attachment=0]Skærmbillede 2009-10-21 kl copy.jpg[/attachment]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.