Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

AlexRogahn.com

• # January 12, 2009 at 11:34 am

Hi there, I’m just curious as to what you all think of my site.

Check it out: http://alexrogahn.com

Rob
    # January 12, 2009 at 11:52 am

nice stuff there dude :) you have some nice photoshop skillz there and a good eye as well :)

The only thing im let down by really is the front page – couldn’t it be a little more graphic? The thing is when someone visits your site you have seconds to catch them – so maybe instead of a wall of text, you could make them go WOW.

You know what I mean? People flick, they wont realise how good you are because i dont think they will stick around long enough.

You are with (mt) if you look at their site, you see how they have like a quick way in, some features about what they offer – nice graphics? people are lazy… they dont want to read lol

Other than that – its a nice tidy site :)

# January 12, 2009 at 12:00 pm

Hmmm I definitely see what you mean :p I’ll sort it out in a second :mrgreen:

EDIT: Done, I added a featured projects area which seems to provide a nice visual introduction :D

# January 12, 2009 at 3:55 pm

your site is very nice alex.. simple, sweet and user friendly :D, the features which are missing in my site i guess :(
    i love the way you show the previews [the small box gets magnified and again goes back when u hit close:P].. I think that is based on AJAX right ??

Rob
    # January 12, 2009 at 6:52 pm
    "alexrogahn" wrote:
    Hmmm I definitely see what you mean :p I’ll sort it out in a second :mrgreen:

EDIT: Done, I added a featured projects area which seems to provide a nice visual introduction :D

eek – its broken in FF lol – I fixed it by making the img tag a block element and floated both the image and text left – I also had to float the intro left…

Anyway im sure you will beable to fix it :D

# January 13, 2009 at 5:43 pm

All fixed :mrgreen:

Rob
    # January 13, 2009 at 5:47 pm

So Alex where you from? Im in lancashire too – Salford…

# January 13, 2009 at 5:51 pm

I live just outside of Clitheroe nice little rural area. I love it :p

Rob
    # January 13, 2009 at 6:28 pm
    "alexrogahn" wrote:
    I live just outside of Clitheroe nice little rural area. I love it :p

Nice! I used to work in Accrington a few years ago :) ee by gum lad, us northeners have to stick together…. lol

# January 27, 2009 at 6:01 pm

Love your site! Clean, simple and visually appealing :-)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".