Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    magsterrrr

I am starting work on a new site (wordpress) where I will need to show “animation” of hand-writing. Essentially it is for calligraphers who will be displaying how to write each letter of the alphabet (in their own particular style). My thoughts were that – they could record video of each letter written, then rather than show a video for each (52 videos! one for upper and lower case of each letter), I would take a number of stills from each video and load them in a gallery stacked and displayed rapidly to animate. Recently I had seen a very nice gallery that displayed rapidly changing photos stacked on top of each other (no sliding, etc…) where I think you could even control the speed. I think that would work nicely for this project… of course I cannot find this gallery now that I could use it. Any thoughts or ideas would be truly appreciated, as I am very much a newbie :-)

chrisburton
    Participant

Why not list the alphabet or let the user input a character (similar to a search function) and show the relevant video?

magsterrrr

Thanks. Yes I could do that, I just thought all those videos would be a bit much, however it could be easier to maintain, rather than edit each.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.