Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Advice and Critiques Needed Please…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vinceJ

My first designed online site — all the graphics are designed by me — so I am looking for optimizing tips. The site doesn’t have much content yet — my wifes concept but has not provided me with much input. Please look it over and make many comments please. Everything is welcome and will be considered. Thanks ahead of time.
    http://autumnviewlabs.com

mikes

The layout doesn’t hold up at different resolutions. The background is designed for a fixed size so different resolutions give the page an odd look.

vinceJ

Thanks mikes,
    I develop using 1280 x 800 res. I assumed I would be making a fairly liquid site but I guess messed up a bit — I will try something different and again ask for advice when changed

lowell

hey there..

your images could be optimized.

the most recent webkit/safari builds include web inspector which you may find quite useful. in mac os x, download the dmg, open and run.. in windows, download the build and link to safari (i assume, help is on webkit.org).. here’s the resource usage for your site from webkit inspector:

vinceJ

I changed the main page graphic and altered the stylesheets. I feel this is working closer to what I was wanting — the gradient background to be there on most window sizes. Webkit looks pretty slick however I run on Linux system and unsure of a equivalent app. Ideas? Images have been saved at 72dpi and 70% quality, sizes are what is wanted. http://autumnviewlabs.com

vinceJ

In case anyone uses Firefox I have found a Firebug addon that works similar to Webkit — thanks for advice guys

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.