Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Add/Remove Class, not working on iPhone

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    karlpcrowley
    Participant

Howdy,

I’m working on a minimal design for myself, I’ve tested in in Chrome, Opera, Firefox and Safari
    and I think it degrades nicely in IE8
    When you click on a date in the timeline it adds a class “open” to the element which adds 60px to the height
    But for some reason, on mobile safari this doesn’t work

I’ve tried using .attr(‘class’,’open’); and .addClass(‘open’); which both work fine in normal browsers

Anybody come accross this before?

Here’s the work in progress (far from complete)
    http://www.pixelcutters.com/2.0/

Senff
    Participant

Must be something with that nano function in your .js file. If you remove everything before the var ua = navigator.userAgent line, it does work on iPhone.

What’s the reasoning behind such a small scroll area Karl?

Fair enough, my only concern is that it’s a bit of a nightmare usability wise :(

I’d rather have a single page that scrolled instead of multiple scrolling elements.

I think it’s pretty interesting, but maybe you could come up with a more original way to show it?

Haha, I know the feeling!

It’s certainly harder designing with a set of restrictions in place. I took that approach for my weblog; I wanted readability the focus, and that imposed a set of rules I needed to work within. I really enjoyed the process though, although I am always tempted to make changes to it.

My advice would be to design for you, rather than for some award that you may or may not win.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.