Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Adding Extra Spaces Between Paragraphs in WordPress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Will_Powered

Hey Guys,

I have paragraphs set up in my theme correctly.
    p { margin: 0 0 1.5em 0; }

It works well for the most part. However there are occasional instances where my client would like to double the space between two paragraphs – effectively upping the bottom margin to 3em.

Simply hitting enter twice does not work. WP removes the extra empty paragraph.

What can I do?

TheDoc

There must be a reason why the client wants to do that. Maybe it’s separating two different thoughts? It sounds like there should be another header added in there, like this:

<p>alsdkfj</p>

<h2>Secondary Header</h2>

<p>aksldjfk</p>

That way you can style a top margin on the <h2>.

Will_Powered

betzster: I can’t use html to fix it because the client needs to be able to do it – and they don’t know any code. I appreciate the thought though!

TheDoc: I completely agree about separating thoughts with headings etc – but unfortunately thats not going to fly with her. She’s bringing over copy from an old site and she had stuff separated in odd fashions – and she wants to do it again. She’s frustrated that when she saves, the WP filter is removing her spacing.

I’ve been trying to walk her through using hard returns vs soft returns and she’s got it – but now the only issue remaining is this double-space issue.

TheDoc

Is WordPress stripping <br>s as well? I was under the impression it didn’t do that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.