Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Adding a page loop inside index.php or something similiar – WP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jeager

I am working on a school project atm (locally right now) and the design I created calls for one long page. I am wondering instead of hard coding everything inside WP, if there is a way to make each of the pages/links I create to be inserted into the index page.

I would assume something along the lines of adding custom page loops inside the index page would do the trick, but not exactly sure where to start.

If anything, I can resort to hard coding the nav and all the pages, but would much rather be able to edit information on the section within the page menu, and then have the nav still be dynamic and link to said section.

Jeager

Idea I just had would be to make a custom query loop for each section. Have it display information from only one post and category and then be able to edit the posts. While this would work, I would (presumably) have to hard code the nav so I can link to the sections in question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.