Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Adding a blog to my website

• # October 1, 2008 at 6:58 pm

Hello Everyone!

I am student, studying Multimedia Computing : Web Development.
    I currently have, and run my own web site. It is Html/css bases with a couple of flash objects.
    and a blog which is provided my blogger(google)

My site currently has six pages, but i would like to add a blog to it, can anyone suggest the best way to add a blog to my site which can be easily customized and updated.

Please note i cannot use word press as my hosting package does not support MySQL.

If you would like to check out my site , heres the link Http://www.bluecone.co.uk

# October 1, 2008 at 8:51 pm

well i don’t know. but i did check out your site. I think you need to add some padding or something to the content. it’s all to the left of the screen. So far that the text dissapears into the side of the screen.

# October 2, 2008 at 4:24 am

okay, thanks for having a look.

Which browser did you view my site with?

Ive added a 15px margin to my main content, what you you think? too much ? too little?

view at Http://www.bluecone.co.uk/

# October 3, 2008 at 7:50 pm

What type of database does your host support?

Movable Type (used to, I think it still does) works with Berkley database and postreg sql.

Or, you can use blogger and have it redirect to your domain (ie: yoursite.com/blog)

# October 5, 2008 at 9:55 am

Thanks you CssGirl ill have a look into it, i’m not 100% sure about databases so ill have to ask the support team of my hosting provider, but ill have a look at Movable type .

Thanks again :D

# October 12, 2008 at 12:11 am

Kind of un-related, but:

If your on 1&1 (Only guessing, as the advert is there and I too am, with no MySQL support) then I feel your pain. I tried a free host (http://www.000webhost.com/) for WordPress, and link to it. It worked fine until I couldn’t upload anything, their server said it refused to do anything, basicly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".