Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other A NEW WEBSITE FOR A CLIENT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BHAWKINS
    Participant

Whats up everybody this is my first post on here but I just created a site for a client at work and was looking for some feedback. The site is for a fractional ownership car club and is targeted towards wealthy, "hip", middle aged males. I wanted to keep it clean with nice images and type. I know the reflection, glossy effect on the logo is played out but thats what the client, and my boss wanted. Also I am still pretty new to web design so I know my code probably needs some work so any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to site
    XAUTX CAR CLUB

Thanks a bunch :D

ikthius

I like it, clean simple, shows roughly what it is all about…….

something is bothering me about the nav bar….. I am not sure I like the black blocks (personal opinion)

And I would highlight the other links under the main logo as well.

but it is a sweet design

BHAWKINS
    Participant
    "ikthius" wrote:

something is bothering me about the nav bar….. I am not sure I like the black blocks (personal opinion)

but it is a sweet design

Thanks for the input what would you suggest to use other than the black blocks? I had tried just having them change to gray when highlighted but I thought it would be hard for the user to know what page they are on when the nav button is switched to its active state. For the links under the logo are you suggesting to make the active link highlighted as well or just make the hover state more noticable?

Thanks again

ikthius
    "BHAWKINS" wrote:
    "ikthius" wrote:

but it is a sweet design

Thanks for the input what would you suggest to use other than the black blocks? I had tried just having them change to gray when highlighted but I thought it would be hard for the user to know what page they are on when the nav button is switched to its active state. For the links under the logo are you suggesting to make the active link highlighted as well or just make the hover state more noticable?

Thanks again

to be honest I am not too sure, not really thought about it.

I did not see the links under the logo right away, I eventually seen them near the end of the site.

for the main nav, what about tabbing the links on a line instead of having them float, that way they will look anchored. also why not have your hover a grey and your actual selected link black…. just a quick thought

zztopser

Now, this might be a total pain in the ass to do, but why have a site map when you could use a simple css dropdown menu similar to http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/chrome/index.htm. This would also make your navigation have a little bit more pop. I think still keeping your other side navigation is also good, because it helps to reiterate what is in that section.

Okay, it’s a very nice site – and that’s it really, the only improvement I would suggest is the inclusion of a favicon to make it even more professional, apart from that love it!

TheDoc

Tom, you are on a roll with bringing back threads that are months old haha

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.