Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other A Bit Lost … please set me straight…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    codonnell456
    Participant

Old-timer here. See, I love wysiwyg (though I do know some html), and come from a background of using GoLive Studio a lot about 18 years ago, when I dabbled in making websites. I have since not really done much website-making, but have become familiar with CSS. Recently, I wanted to delve into a new website project, but of course all my old tools are no longer around. (I’m on a Mac by the way.) OK, so I figure I will learn some of the new tools. My current website project would greatly benefit from the use of a CSS3 “mega menu”. When I searched around, I found that bootstrap might be handy. Then I learned about bootstrap editors, which sounded like they would suit me fine because they are somewhat wysiwyg. And I downloaded the nice looking bootstrap editor Pinegrow thinking it might be helpful. I also found a nice mega menu template on codecanyon and bought and downloaded it. I also bought and downloaded a nice looking bootstrap template called AppStrap that I thought might work with Pinegrow.

Umm, I have know idea if these 3 things can work together. For instance, I can’t make Pinegrow “see” AppStrap or the code canyon template. Do those resources have to be placed in a certain folder? if so, which folder?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

nixnerd
    Participant

Same here. I know nothing about WYSIWYG on any level. I think you’ll find that’s true of most people on this site.

I agree with the above. Your best bet will be to actually start learning HTML/CSS. Then you will have a better idea of what those components you have downloaded actually doing.

Side note I actually teach a beginners bootcamp for web development where we go back to basics and learn html/css/js etc. http://adamstanford.net/web-development-bootcamp

There are also countless great resources online to learn this stuff!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.