Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript 3 divs floated left with full-width accordion directly under..?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    alston
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m trying to accomplish something outside of most basic plugins I find online. I’m not a javascript programmer, although I am comfortable implementing it when I have all the elements.

I was looking for a plugin that would allow me to have this layout (please see link..)
    Your text to link here…

I have a page set up in rows, with three divs holding images and some text that is positioned inside each div on each row. I will have a tab function on this page to toggle between different groups of people- this function is very straightforward.

However, I’m having trouble locating a jquery plugin that would allow me to assign it’s accordion id to any div element on the page. Ideally, when a site user clicks the link with the gold arrow for “click to learn more” then a full width div would open below the row of the three divs holding the profiles. For each row of 3, I need the accordions to open, only 1 at a time, all in the same full-width horizontal div directly below the row of 3.

Does anyone know of a plugin that would allow me to use minimal tweaks to achieve this sort of functionality?

Thank you.

Paulie_D

So, for each ‘profile’ div (let’s say) there is an associated accordion div…right.

So what we need to do is find something (or apply something) unique about each ‘profile’ div (and thus the link in it) and associate it with a similarly unique identifier for each accordion.

You could use anything, a class, an ID, a data-attribute (my favorite) and the parse that out so the JQ goes off, finds the associated accordion div and opens it.

This is actually pretty easy even for a complete JQ noob like me.

http://codepen.io/Paulie-D/pen/bgkzr/

Whether it exists as a pre-written ‘plug-in’ is another matter.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.