Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS 1024px 32 column based responsive website framework?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    devil3682116
    Participant

is there any 1024px 32 column based responsive website framework? I have designed a website in 1024px resolution with 32column but tired of googling the framework and also i want it asap, may be someone can help me out.

Paulie_D

Love how the question was removed from StackOverflow…:)

I don’t know of one. Generally 16 columns is considered more than adequate.

devil3682116
    Participant

no idea, here is the funny thing i usually make website in 1024px and i thought of doing it using grid then i searched in google and found that grid generate website and got that png format of 1024px…now when i completed the website and think of doing css in 1024px i didnt find any :(

Paulie_D

1024px was not generally used as a grid system as it was felt that the 960 grid would allow enough room on 1024 monitors.

Obviously we’ve moved on from that with bigger monitors, retina displays. multiple monitors etc.

I did see a 1140 grid but mostly today we’re not thinking in terms of pixel but percentages…that’s the beauty of responsive websites.

The pixel values we might use are usually rough guides in a our media queries for breakpoints…and those might not even be specifically related to actual devices.

Paulie_D

You might want to try this though….it looks like it can be edited (at least in terms of pixels/columns)… http://1200px.com/

Not sure how ‘responsive’ it will be but there is a variable/fluid option…http://grids.heroku.com/

devil3682116
    Participant

Thank yo for your help…I dont know how these sites may help me…but m sure bad days are going to come soon in my company for me….

CrocoDillon
    Participant

1024px sure is a weird resolution to aim for as it doesn’t take scrollbar and possible other interface chrome into account for 1024px wide screens.

You can of course try to adapt any column framework to make it 32 columns. Change some values, add some classes, beats getting fired.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

Why don’t you just make one? Obviously you’re facing a very uncommon case where you need a 32-columns grid system (which is a bad idea imo).

Then just roll up your sleeves and make one. It won’t take much more than one or two hours and it will do exactly what you need.

devil3682116
    Participant

not going to change it…lets face the problem… I am going to make it adaptive and write my own media queries.. thanks for your suggestions

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.