Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS 100% width bands of colour

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    joe.mulberry

Dear all,

I am getting a little frustrated with a layout that i just cant seem to make work, i am sure its really simple!

I would like to design a page that has a centre container that is 960px width. The header and footer will be a non-white colour while the main body will be white. I want the header and footer colour (most likely a repeating background) to extend to the edges of the browser for those visitors with large screen displays. I also want the footer to be attached to the bottom of the page.

I would much appreciate some help from the wider css community who can help a brother in need!

Thanks

Joe

joe.mulberry

Rob thanks for your reply,

However, the page height will be dynamic as will the footer height. So i need to have 2 sections (header and footer) independant of each other but both reaching 100% browser width bg image. but then having a 960px width div which is centre stage as a content container for both footer, header and content

i hope i explained that ok!

???

Thanks

Joe

joe.mulberry

Eric,

Anyone can setup a cms, if that business is a winner then there are a few fools in the world!

:)

joe.mulberry

Eric,

My sincere apologises! In my frustration to nail this layout, I presumed you were sending a spam answer. Just realised you were kindly sharing your work! very sorry!

Just delving into the source code now…..

Thanks and sorry

Joe

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.