Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS 100% height in Safari 3.2.1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mark.norgate

Hello

I’m quite sure this is a common issue, so I won’t bother posting my XHTML and CSS just at the moment…(unless someone asks!). The issue arises with 100% height container divs in Safari 3.2.1.

I have a three-column layout (actually; five – but two are tiny and just hold drop shadows for the main content div), all in valid XHTML and CSS. I have set the height of the body and of the container divs to 100%, but unfortunately it seems to be 100% of the viewport/window, rather than 100% of the entire document. This means that if scrollbars appear, when you scroll down the background does not render for the part of the document that was previously hidden.

Is there a way to fix this? I’ve seen posts about using tables, but I’m trying my best to avoid that.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards, Mark

ikthius

if we see it, we (probably) can fix it…..

links would be helpful, we could also see your code that way and suggest a fix for you

ikthius
    "mark.norgate" wrote:
    Hello

I’m quite sure this is a common issue, so I won’t bother posting my XHTML and CSS just at the moment…(unless someone asks!). The issue arises with 100% height container divs in Safari 3.2.1.

I have a three-column layout (actually; five – but two are tiny and just hold drop shadows for the main content div), all in valid XHTML and CSS. I have set the height of the body and of the container divs to 100%, but unfortunately it seems to be 100% of the viewport/window, rather than 100% of the entire document. This means that if scrollbars appear, when you scroll down the background does not render for the part of the document that was previously hidden.

Is there a way to fix this? I’ve seen posts about using tables, but I’m trying my best to avoid that.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards, Mark

use background-position:fixed; for the image you want to stay stabalised

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.