Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS 100% height in relative positioning

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

This is a horrible problem because it one I have over come many times and it has never caused me any real issues. HOWEVER, it seems I have been spending too much time on the back-ends of sites and my CSS has gone to the dogs.

I decided to redesign my portfolio in WordPress (inspired by the WordPress Week) to have a look at what it can do. I have been stuck on this one issue for too many hours now and I am thinking its just a too much coffee not enough sleep issue.

All i want to do is to set the colum with the pink ‘I WANT THIS TO BE 100% OF ITS PARENT DIV’ to be 100% of its parent div (shock). Could anyone give me a second to firebug this and see what they think?
    http://www.iamadtaylor.com/

Thanks,
    Ad

If it’s filling the indention with dots that you want, then you can easily fix this by one of two ways.

1. Blanket the parent div with dots under a white-backgrounded content:

Code:
    #latestBlog {
    background: transparent url(/images/blueBotArchives.jpg) repeat scroll 0 0;

}
    #latestBlog #latestBlogHold {
    background: white;

}
    #postIndent {
    /* removed background */

}

2. Create a 6.3em image of dots and use repeat-y on parent’s background:

Code:
    #latestBlog {
    background: transparent url(/images/blueBotArchives-wider.jpg) repeat-y scroll 0 0;

}
    #postIndent {
    /* removed background */

}

[img]http://i37.tinypic.com/iw84ug.jpg[/img]

If it’s something actually spanning the div to the size of the content… then well, in my experience your only option is to javascript it:

Code:
    window.onload = function(){
    .style.height = .clientHeight;
    };

Thanks a lot for your help!!
    I thought about doing that but didn’t want to cheat as I have been concerned about losing my CSS knowledge. Please it wasn’t me being a fool!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.