Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other 046: RAPIDFIRE #12 question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    clayton47
    Participant

Chris would you mind sharing more detailed info on how you hosted the special URL with Amazon S3? I need to host a URL for an audio broadcast not video. I was using jwplayer but was having issues with it playing through a WordPress page in Firefox. It works in a static HTML page no problem though.

Originally I was trying to figure out a way to have a session or cookie that when a user logs into the membership page they are given a URL (so it can be played in any media player on their computer or device) but cant share it like you mentioned!

Im working on a project for sports broadcasting that would be broadcasting to listeners all over the world. Im trying to bring this service back. Previously they would have 20,000 + listeners.

Its a big, but small project for me. I have all the broadcast stuff figured out, except this way of avoiding browser issues.

Thanks, Clayton

TheDoc

cc @chriscoyier

For others interested, here’s a link to the episode: http://shoptalkshow.com/episodes/046-rapidfire-12/

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster
    clayton47
    Participant

Sweet thanks a lot for sharing that @chriscoyier – Thanks @TheDoc for your assistance

-edit

when using this technique is that serving a URL or just playing through a media player? Im streaming a live URL from another server. So I wouldnt actually be hosting anything with s3 would I?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.